Here are some tips to remember when speaking. Try to give some serious thought to how you present yourself in your conversations and see if you are really practicing these sorts of behaviors.
Things I Can Be Doing for Successful Communication
- Listening well when other people talk.
- Speaking in a strong voice and enunciating clearly.
- Using the words I want to use.
- Taking part in meetings and discussions.
- Trying new things.
- Writing down my triumphs, big and small.
- Thinking about what I am supposed be doing right now.
- Stopping myself if I start to worry.
- Using good eye contact.
- Asking questions.
- Getting other people to talk about something interesting.
- Being patient with myself.
- Giving other people the benefit of the doubt.
- Giving myself a break when I make a mistake.
- Getting better gradually.
- Saying "hello," smiling, and being friendly.
- Introducing myself and others.
- Moving forward.
- Expressing my feelings and opinions.
- Trusting myself to be good enough.
- Varying my tone of voice.
- Being open about my stuttering and my fluency.
- Just being myself.
The Speecheasy&trade logo and all related logos and photos are proptery of Janus Development Group, Inc. and used with permission.